Everyone has different approaches to going off track.
I have gone off track many many times in my WW attempts. So I have tried to learn what works and doesn't work for me.
Firstly what DOESN'T work for me:
- Beating myself up
- Calling myself names
- Indulging in guilt
- Trying to 'make up' the indulgence in the following days
- I don't deserve to lose weight
- I am a failure so I may as well give up
- In my case trying to 'make up' the indulgence has a very specific response:
- I feel like I am punishing myself
- I feel 'deprived' at a time I am usually very vulnerable and emotional and need to remind myself just how much food I can enjoy on WW
What DOES work for me:
- Learning from my detour
- Why did I go off track?
- What could I have done differently
- In the lead up
- At the time
- Drawing a line under that day and going back to my allocated points allowance the next day
- Forgiving myself
- Reminding myself that
- I am human
- I am on a lifelong journey, not a race
- That 1 bad day out of 7 is much better than 2, 3, 4 etc
- That before WW I would 'indulge' daily not occasionally
This usually results on me getting right back on track.
What works for you?